Old October 12th 17, 01:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

Default DRIVERLESS ELECTRIC CARS

On Wed, 11 Oct 2017 13:58:11 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On 10/11/2017 11:26 AM, Frank Krygowski wrote:

Another guy, until very recently, owned a Honda Insight, the very first
hybrid I'd ever heard about. It's a tiny, super-aero two seater. He
bought his used, it had some electrical/battery problems, and Honda
astonishingly replaced the entire battery pack and some wiring for free.
However, I wouldn't count on that ever happening again. It didn't with
that Civic owner.

Oops. Turns out it wasn't free, but he felt it was very inexpensive and
a real bargain. They did not charge him for the labor, and he felt he
ended up with a car that was very reliable and very inexpensive to run
for a very low price.

Years ago I read an article about "electric cars". The author selected
the Volkswagen Beetle as the minimum size auto that would be
acceptable to the U.S. motoring public. After much debate about pros
and cons he got to the part about required electrical power when the
motoring population of Los Angeles arrived home at 17:30 and plugged
their cars in to be recharged :-)
--
Cheers,

John B.