Old October 20th 17, 09:30 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

Default Nice people these cycllists

On Wed, 11 Oct 2017 12:39:38 -0700 (PDT), Simon Jester
wrote:

On Wednesday, October 11, 2017 at 5:21:29 PM UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

I carry the chisel for one reason, in case I'm attacked by thugs riding
bicycles on the footpath.
Tell us why a cyclist should hide a knife on his bicycle.

Because cycling on a public footpath is not illegal

Most odd: please can you explain why section 72 of the Highways Act provides

"Penalty on persons committing nuisances by riding on footpaths, &c."

Surprised they do that - if its not illegal.

Unless you are just not bright of course.

Jester: A fool or buffoon