Old July 20th 16, 01:49 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

Default Police on the hunt for yet another hit and run scum

On 20/07/2016 12:49, JNugent wrote:
On 20/07/2016 12:43, Alycidon wrote:

QUOTE:
“I was cycling down the main road when a car moved into my lane
hitting my bike and knocking me out. All I remember is seeing the car
then being on the floor. I couldn’t remember my own name or where I was.”

Akram was admitted to hospital for a day and subsequently readmitted
after reporting headaches and dizziness. “I thought I was lucky not to
have cuts or scratches but a day after I was taken out of hospital I
was told I had internal bleeding in my skull.”

He also said that pieces of his carbon fibre bike had “shattered” as a
result of the impact.

A Met Police spokesman has confirmed they are investigating.

http://road.cc/content/news/198008-v...er-crashes-him

The reg number is clearly visible and readable, so "investigation"
shouldn't take klong.

If only all vehicles were fitted with such a useful identification
marke, eh?

Quite why the cyclist was gazing at the floor and made no attempt to
slow for the hazard is strange. Equally strange is why he would ride
such a fragile machine on the road.