Old July 13th 20, 08:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

Default Near Miss of the Day 440: Skip lorry driver undertakes cyclist

On Monday, July 13, 2020 at 8:36:31 PM UTC+1, Mike Collins wrote:

Apart from breaking this HC rule.

Rule 268 of the Highway Code states – do not overtake on the left or //move// to a lane on your left to overtake.

What if the lorryist was using the left lane to turn left? I don't see how the fact that the lorryist changed lanes after safely passing the cyclist makes a difference.

He went straight on though.

QUOTE:
What I didn't expect was a skip-carrying lorry to undertake me using the left-turn lane and then move back into the straight ahead lane.

“Of course, the lorry driver didn't make any difference to his journey time as I filtered past him further down the hill.