Old June 11th 04, 10:35 AM
Simon Brooke

Default Fundamental error in "Trends in serious head injuries..." Cook and Sheikh 2003Fundamental error in "Trends in serious head injuries..." Cook and Sheikh 2003

in message , Dorre
') wrote:

James Annan wrote in message
I sent the following to "Injury prevention on-line" over a week ago,
but it shows no sign of being published and my follow-up email has
not been answered. I guess someone might as well see it, typo and
all. Isn't the internet great for vanity publishing?

Sometimes these things take a little longer. Have you checked whether
you are in excess of the formal word limit?

[snip]

Below is a more formal way of expressing the same thing. I didn't
bother sending it to Injury Prevention. But if James or anyone else
thinks they can make use of it, feel free!

An alternative, more mathematical/formal way of making the same points
as James

There is a miscalculation in Cook and Sheikh's paper.[1]

[snip: excellent presentation]

Perhaps it would be a good thing to send this one in also, so that each
could reinforce the other?

;; no eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn.
;; Jim Morrison