Old August 12th 03, 09:43 PM
Dave

Default Entry Level Bikes

"vwyob" wrote in message
Greetings all! Wow such a hive of info. Okay...I am 33 yr old 6 ft tall
blokey weighing in at 13 stone. I am looking for a good reliable entry
level road bike which is'nt going to break the bank as i am also one of
the crappier paid people in the uk. Price guide about £350 ( i can hear
you all laughing) but i realise that £500 is more the mark so i am going
to have to save a bit longer. I run between 4/6 miles every other day
and intend to ride about 15/20 miles 2/3 times a week. CAN YOU HELP ME
!!! I have been given some info from a local bike chappy who keeps
saying i will have to spend at least £750 quid..Is that really true ???
Cheers biking dudes.....Andy (vwyob)

Get a second hand racer out of your local press for under 50 quid. Spend the
rest on upgrading components if you feel you must, saddle for instance.
Alternately, spend it on something else....
They go from a to b, two wheels, frame, handlbars, saddle etc.....just like
the expesive ones ;-)
I've got one if you want....based in west mids...
Dave.