Old February 15th 07, 03:08 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Duncan Smith

Default Pros and cons of mechanical vs hydraulic disc brakes?

Hydraulic rim brakes will fit on existing V-bosses, but you'll be lucky
to find levers that work on drops since Magura discontinued the HS 66 :-(

Agreed, the normal drop style lever didn't really pull enough wire for
the v-brake, I was thinking of mounting a more conventional mtb style
lever on the bottom of the drop bars (near where the bar end plug
goes).

A bit like this guy's got (except he's got bull bars not drop bars,
but same thing I reckon..) http://www.fixedgeargallery.com/2006/nov/
JasonElias.htm

Any tips for a suitable lever? - my drop bars are over-sized
apparently.

Thanks,

Duncan.