Old January 7th 09, 08:18 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
BoojiBoy

Default Road Unicycle Set-Up and T7 Handle Modification

I like the idea and your solution looks pretty sweet. With a bike
though, you can put your weight on the handlebars and stretch out front
because the front to back balance isn't an issue. Bicyclists really only
have to balance side to side, and momentum even takes care of that. With
a unicycle, even on a 36" wheel at cruising speed, we're still have to
stay balanced in all directions which is why it's harder to take the
weight off your crotch.

I like the DIY mod/hack arrangement you came up with, but I think
you're right that the V-frame is a more ideal set-up. I can already see
a see-saw effect on those T7 rails as a disaster waiting to happen. That
part is weak enough as it is. I tend to pull of on my t7 quite a bit
when going uphill. I definitely see some snapped rails in your future.
Keep up the experimentation though. I like where you're going with it.

--
BoojiBoy