Old December 9th 03, 03:45 PM
Lars S. Mulford

Default ARBR has gone downhill

Howdy folks!

I've been reading this newsgroup for quite some time, but only within the
last few months have I started to contribute posts and whatnot. You know
what works best with this stuff? IGNORE IT.

Filters or no filters, is it REALLY that big a deal to just ignore what you
know is likely to be crap? The offending parties will continue ONLY if they
have an audience. If we collectively QUIT responding to the crap, it will
eventually die down and perhaps even go away. It may take awhile, but time
is on our side with this.

The gray area here is that there are a handful of posters who are equally as
offensive and baiting as some of the more notable examples but they actually
contribute topic related stuff now and again. What I'd say to those is to
grow up. I mean really! What purpose are you serving spouting off in here?
If you want to make some real impact, think globally, act locally. Get
involved in the scene within your own region. You certainly aren't
impressing me by writing tripe in a BIKING NEWSGROUP. When you think about
it, the folks that are doing this are coming off looking like idiots, NOT so
much because of their message (or lack of it) but because of their method of
delivery. You offenders out there have chosen a biking newsgroup to spout
forth? Grow the hell up.

I'll still be here, writing and asking questions about recumbents and
related. I say to those who really are thinking of leaving, please don't.
In the big scheme of things, this is but a minor nuisance. Let the
political idiots and baiters on here be silly all they want. If they've no
audience in which to play on, they'll go bye-bye soon enough.

--
"Sea" ya!
--Lars S. Mulford