Old December 9th 03, 08:19 PM
Edward Dolan

Default ARBR has gone downhill

"Lars S. Mulford" wrote in message ...

Howdy folks!

I've been reading this newsgroup for quite some time, but only within the
last few months have I started to contribute posts and whatnot. You know
what works best with this stuff? IGNORE IT.

Filters or no filters, is it REALLY that big a deal to just ignore what you
know is likely to be crap?

You are quite correct here Lars. Filter are for idiots who can't bear
the thought of ignoring a post. They have got to read it. Of course I
don't blame them when it is one of my posts. I realize I am
irresistible!

The offending parties will continue ONLY if they
have an audience. If we collectively QUIT responding to the crap, it will
eventually die down and perhaps even go away. It may take awhile, but time
is on our side with this.

The gray area here is that there are a handful of posters who are equally as
offensive and baiting as some of the more notable examples but they actually
contribute topic related stuff now and again.

So it is OK with you if some of these idiots post their liberal
agendas as long as they are also posting some recumbent related stuff?
I don't see it that way at all. I can do my rejoinders to any and all
the liberal posts and I do not have to post any recumbent related
stuff in order to justify it. Maybe you should do a bit of growing up!

What I'd say to those is to
grow up. I mean really! What purpose are you serving spouting off in here?
If you want to make some real impact, think globally, act locally. Get
involved in the scene within your own region. You certainly aren't
impressing me by writing tripe in a BIKING NEWSGROUP.

I am not bent on impressing anyone, but I am bent on refuting all the
liberal obnoxious posting that goes on here. You will find me a
perfect gentleman on recumbent related stuff (if and when I ever get
around to it) but I am in battle mode when I am contending with
liberals, whom I regard as traitors to this country.

When you think about
it, the folks that are doing this are coming off looking like idiots, NOT so
much because of their message (or lack of it) but because of their method of
delivery. You offenders out there have chosen a biking newsgroup to spout
forth? Grow the hell up.

Pay attention to what I am saying , now how I am saying it. Unless you
are a liberal yourself of course. In that case, apply it to yourself
in full measure.

I'll still be here, writing and asking questions about recumbents and
related. I say to those who really are thinking of leaving, please don't.

I encourage all those who want to leave to leave. They won't be missed
and there will be others to fill their shoes and to carry on. No one
is indispensable or even important to a newsgroup for heaven's sake.
Try to think of yourself as a cog in a machine and you will have
realized your true importance in the over all scheme of things.

In the big scheme of things, this is but a minor nuisance. Let the
political idiots and baiters on here be silly all they want. If they've no
audience in which to play on, they'll go bye-bye soon enough.

That is what I have been saying all along. But this newsgroup is
replete with anal-obsessive types who are controllers and can't stand
the thought of anyone except themselves having anything to say. I
can't tell you how much I am relishing their frustration.

Ed Dolan - Minnesota