Old September 21st 10, 03:32 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living
His Highness the TibetanMonkey & the Spirits of the Jungle

Default Yet another preventable death blamed on SUVs?

On Sep 20, 5:33*am, "Duane Hebert" wrote:
"Opus" wrote in ...

snip

live are dead ends) I get honked at and harassed by drivers because
"Yer in the street!". Somewhere in the last 40 years the attitude that
bicycles are transportation has vanished from the Anglophone world.

Not just the Anglophone world. *Just yesterday I heard, "t'es dans la
rue maudite!" *If find that idiocy isn't restricted to race.

The Anglophone image of the world is transmitted to the world via
Hollywood and then translated into many languages. The UK seems to be
the rara avis here where they seem to enjoy their own shows.

Well, maybe Bollywood is important to India.