Old June 15th 11, 07:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane Hebert[_4_]

Default Bike lane design prize?

On 6/15/2011 1:45 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per (PeteCresswell):
Can anybody explain why the street view pix in the above link are
so much better than the street view pix in GoogleEarth for the
same place?

I'm thinking it has something to do with GoogleEarth's
zoomability.

Here's a GoogleMap screen shot: http://tinyurl.com/3mww7o6

Here is the same view via GoogleEarth: http://tinyurl.com/3bxs7sh
different pics taken at a different time. But if I zoom out, I
get the same pics as GoogleMaps - albeit still at
somewhat-reduced clarity: http://tinyurl.com/442bdp3

Hard to say. The pic that you linked for Google earth looks like it's
under water to me. There is a "wave" across the bottom.