Old December 11th 19, 02:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

Default In praise of Brooks saddles

On Tuesday, December 10, 2019 at 7:47:47 PM UTC-5, news18 wrote:

Our preferred brand of saddles is Bell, an Australian company from old
and there are two antique/classical models (spring ride and quad rails),
and four similar to the Brooks B17.

When is comes to Brooks, we are almost exclusively B17(?) and we have/had
four of them. Unfortunately, over the years, we have had three twin rail
versions of the Brooks B17(?) break down and the leather of the others,
despite regular treatment tend to stretch. Never had that in the Bells.

The number is rounded off by a couple of plastic fantastics one being
junk and the other SWMBOD's choice which serves as platforms for a gel
seat cover for her.

Long ago, we had a friend of ours who expressed interest in bicycling, but said
she could not find any saddle that was comfortable. We tried giving her a gel
seat cover. She claimed it made the pain much worse.

It's probably an indication that we're all different down there. But it might
have (also?) been an indication that she really wasn't that interested in riding.

- Frank Krygowski