Old January 14th 21, 11:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

Default Does Slow Johnny still pull the wings off flies

On Thu, 14 Jan 2021 15:20:42 -0500, Frank Krygowski
wrote:
I was surprised by the number of times the Bible uses "****eth against a
wall."
https://www.biblegateway.com/quickse...ainst+the+wall

Your final link doesn't seem to mention it. I guess everyone knows what
it means.

I didn't know, so I had to look it up.

WHY DOES THE KING JAMES BIBLE SAY, "****ETH AGAINST THE WALL?"
https://forwhatsaiththescriptures.org/2017/08/17/****eth-against-the-wall/
The original Hebrew phrase did not mean any and
every male, but rather indicative of male children.
It singles out little boys, signifying that they
will die before reaching adulthood. The King James
Bible text is specific - boys rather than adult men.
This narrowing-down allows us to see that these
individuals will not even be allowed to reproduce.
Their dying as (childless) juveniles is much more
devastating to a family than dying adults who have
already reproduced. The youngest generations are
vital to the perpetuation of the family.

I suspect that the next translation of the bible will be into text
message abbreviations and acronyms, which is the common language of
todays youth:
https://www.webopedia.com/reference/text-message-abbreviations/

--
Jeff Liebermann