Old January 14th 21, 11:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Does Slow Johnny still pull the wings off flies

On 1/14/2021 6:04 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

I suspect that the next translation of the bible will be into text
message abbreviations and acronyms, which is the common language of
todays youth:
https://www.webopedia.com/reference/text-message-abbreviations/

Long ago I read a science fiction novel (probably by Heinlein) that
featured some sort of secret society. As I recall, to be inducted one
needed a high degree of intelligence; but once inducted, trainees
learned a new language, one that was heavily abbreviated. The claim was
that we think by internal use of language, so learning a language whose
information was very dense (in terms of ideas per syllable) allowed much
faster processing of data - i.e. faster and more efficient thinking.

So maybe these "kids these days" will carry us forward into a brave new
world where all our problems will be quickly solved! (LOL!)

--
- Frank Krygowski