Old January 15th 21, 12:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

Default Does Slow Johnny still pull the wings off flies

On Thu, 14 Jan 2021 10:15:55 -0800, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:

On Wed, 13 Jan 2021 11:08:36 -0500, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On 1/12/2021 11:50 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

Incidentally, I try to save as many cardboard boxes as possible. That
became important when I closed my formerly palatial office and moved
everything to my house. I eventually had to recycle most of the
salvaged boxes, but kept enough to help (slowly) re-organize the mess:
http://www.learnbydestroying.com/jeffl/crud/cardboard-boxes.jpg

I'm impressed by the thorough photographic documentation of your life.

Thanks. I find that it's easier to describe things with photos than
with voluminous text.

Is this to allow reconstruction when this universal simulation ends and
another begins?

Yes. Fairly soon, we'll all be replaced by avatars mimicking our
personal believes, prejudices, biases, and mannerisms using an AI
(artificial intelligence) driven simulation. You probably won't be
able to tell if you're discussing bicycles with a human or an AI. The
photos are a guide for anyone wanted to reconstruct me after my
inevitable and well deserved demise.

But isn't that the so called Turing test. If a machine is
intelligent, if it can fool people into thinking it is human.

I don't believe that a new universal simulation is possible. We're
more likely to continue the present simulation forever by repeating
the same lessons and mistakes an infinite number of times.

--
Cheers,

John B.