Old December 5th 03, 10:41 AM
Colin Blackburn

Default New Sub-species of Stealth Cyclist

On Fri, 5 Dec 2003 09:44:40 -0000, Michael MacClancy
wrote:

"Arthur Clune" wrote in message
Actually, not all that un-sensible. Maybe the lights were flat?

Which raises the question, "What do people do when their batteries are
flat?" Ride on regardless of the fact that you're breaking the law,
frantically look for a shop where you can buy new ones or catch the bus?

The only time it happened to me, before I discovered hub dynamos and
multiple rear LED lights, I proceed cautiously (but illegally) along the
well lit streets of north Oxford and then walked the bike on the pavement
for the last unlit mile of country road to my house. It's not happened
since then, if it did I would consider myself very unlucky that all 4
battery lights (3 back, 1 front) and a dynamo had failed at the same time
but as my bike folds I'd get a bus or taxi.

Colin