Old March 1st 04, 01:50 AM
Bikesoiler

Default Peck order

amirm wrote:
snip So we rode mostly two abreast squeezing to left as much as
possible.
I faced three really close calls by a Harly rider and her girlfriend, a
sport motorbiker and a huge Patrol towing a huge horse trailer. All
meant that they were not happy with sharing the road. Behaviours of all
three were equally rude. It's really interesting when morons consider
themselves as smart! More interesting was the two motorbike riders'
action as they had plenty of room, and cyclists were posed no
inconvenience to them.
Now the question is: When riding, we seem to be at the bottom of the
peck order. How many of us exert their status when not riding?
I personally don't let morons at the wheels get away while I'm driving.
But this seems to ruin my driving pleasure, and so I tend not to drive
recently. This way, I sit again at the bottom of the peck order. Now
that's my conundrum. What's yours?

Hmmm.. I don't think I exert any status while driving. I like to driv
so that my part in traffic has no negative effect on others, ie kee
left unless overtaking, care when merging etc. Lead by example. Pitt
some drivers just don't get it

Like yesterday, Sunday 29th. Rode out to Kinglake. Twice had abuse
threats from cars. What is it with St Andrews? 2 white holdens, P plate
& 3 young male occupants. The second car even locked it's brakes i
front of me while the passenger hung out the window yelling abuse
Neither car seemed keen to stop & 'discuss' the issue

-