Old March 22nd 05, 05:31 AM
Ken Pisichko

Default Instructions for installing Shimano cantilever brakes.

I have a set of Shimano cantilever brakes that I want to install on my
"being-built" touring bicycle. I have the little cable and the two
plastic "tubes" (one with metal ends) but I don't know how to put this
together. None of my bicycles have cantilever brakes, so I have no idea
whatsoever.

I cannot find a set of instructions for any caliper brakes on Shimano's
site (NA and Europe). Besides going to my LBS for some info this
week-end (or next), is there any "place" where I can find a .pdf or
html set of instructions? It seems that all Shimano models use basically
the same "set up" as far as cable connections go, so once I see one
set-up, I suppose they are all basically the same

Thanks for any info.

Ken
Winnipeg, Canada