Old June 24th 09, 11:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
John Kane

Default Have you been involved in an accident while cycling?

On Jun 23, 11:52*pm, (Tom Keats) wrote:
Look, that's already been tirelessly done, done, and done again.

The inter-vehicular problems mostly occur at intersections,
when ROW rules are ignored by one or both parties involved
in a collision. *If drivers and cyclists afforded appropriate
ROW to each other, there'd be no problem. *Trouble is, so
many of either camp don't even know what ROW is, so intersection
chaos ensues.

If you want "cyclist safety and consideration *on the road,"
that's up to the motorized road users who pose the larger
threat to safety.

So maybe it'd be better if you aimed your "survey" at
car drivers instead of bike riders. *Ask ~them~ how many
people they've killed or injured.

I hope you've become acquainted with the latest World Heath
Organization's stats on traffic-related deaths & injuries.
I can shove that down your throat if you'd like.

Ah fill it out. The poor reseachers probably need a publication.
It's a pretty bland questionnaire though. Nothing wrong with the
actual questions but I don't see them getting much useful information
out of it.

John Kane Kingston ON Canada