Old June 9th 16, 10:49 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

Default Why do drivers get away with attempted murder?

On 09/06/2016 09:46, Bod wrote:

"Another week, another video that shows a driver intentionally targeting
a cyclist and turning a moving car into a potentially deadly weapon".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/recre...empted-murder/

A rant from a cyclist with a blunt axe which apparently needs
sharpening, one "Rhymer Rigby" (it's good to see that parents sometimes
have a sense of humour).

Devalued by passages like this:

QUOTE:
The contempt and blithe indifference drivers have for other road users
is everywhere. I cycle in London and I lose track of the number of times
people just pull out in front of me without even looking. Or look and
then pull out anyway. It’s something they’d never do if I were a car...
ENDQUOTE

Rhymer, you aren't a car. But perhaps you could be a railway locomotive:
Rhymer the Puce Engine, perhaps?

Mind you, Rhymer does have the beginnings of a sense of proportion and
self-perception. He attempts to head off inevitable ridicule by saying:
"Now, before you say I’m being ridiculous...".

Too late, Rhymer.

Too late.