Old May 23rd 04, 04:11 PM
Mark Hickey

Default Why they hate us, was ( funny things to do on a bike)

Frank Krygowski wrote:

Mark Hickey wrote:

Frank Krygowski wrote:

Oh, and in that confined space, how many thousands were killed?

Seven.

Seven thousand were killed?? I had no idea. I thought it was several
orders of magnitude lower.

C'mon... you know exactly what I meant.

Are you trying to say that sarin is NOT dangerous?

Well, prior to this, I thought that it was dangerous to those
immediately next to it, but difficult to deploy effectively over a wide
area.

I thought it was analogous to the gasoline in a fuel-air (or aerosol)
bomb. Those are the bombs in which a liquid like gasoline is first
dispersed, but not ignited, into a large cloud of droplets. A second
explosion detonates the cloud.

Bad analogy. Yes, it's difficult to get the fuel/air mixture just
right. But in the case of sarin, all you have to do is get a small
drop on someone's skin and they're probably going to die.

One drop of gasoline won't kill anyone.

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com