Old August 10th 18, 09:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

Default Single Rear Gear with Double Chainring and shifters

On 08/08/18 23:40, Max Nosugar wrote:
I totally agree with you mate, thanks very much! I think it would all depend on one's strength. I usually go uphill with a fixie coz I had no choice..lol

But I'm at a disadvantage during a race coz it eats alot of my energy during the bike leg and will not have enough left to run. But I love my set up so I'm sticking to it than a normal road bike. I just need to modify a few things.

So putting a front derailler is possible correct? So I can install double chainring.

Though it may cost a little in weight, there are 2 speed IGHs that
eliminate the need for extra chainrings, derailleurs and gear levers.

http://www.sturmey-archer.com/en/pro...etail/s2-black

--
JS