Old August 10th 18, 09:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

Default Single Rear Gear with Double Chainring and shifters

On 09/08/18 05:39, AMuzi wrote:
On 8/8/2018 5:48 AM, Max Nosugar wrote:
Hello Guys,

I have set up a time trial bike single gear its very fast 50t
chainring and 14t rear. However, the new ironman race route in my
location requires crossing a bridge with obviously inclined slope. I'm
used to going uphill but it burns significant amount of energy. Btw,
the new route has 3 loops which makes it a little disadvantage on my
part going up and down the bridge 6 times. Having experienced this, I
was thinking maybe putting a double chainring like 52t & 36t with
front shifters would decrease the tension for the climb? Do you think
this is possible? I'd appreciate your input.

Thanks!
Max

There's one path to do fixed gear change:
http://www.sturmey-archer.com/en/pro...ail/s3x-silver

Any other option is overly complex, unreliable, possibly unsafe or (as
with a two-sided wheel) ungainly.

If that's what you need, the SA S3X, or vintage ASC,Â* suits perfectly.

The 2 speed has "kick shift", so doesn't even need a gear lever!

http://www.sturmey-archer.com/en/pro...etail/s2-black

--
JS