Old September 13th 17, 09:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Christie[_3_]

Default Another woman mown down by a cyclist

JNugent wrote:

On 13/09/2017 17:18, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
MrCheerful wrote:
A cyclist was arrested after a pensioner was left fighting for her
life in a crash in Oxford Street.
The woman, in her seventies, suffered serious head injuries in the
crash near Bond Street station at 4.30pm yesterday. She was taken to
hospital where she remained today with "life- threatening" injuries.
Her family were at her side.
Scotland Yard said the cyclist stopped at the scene. He was arrested
after checks showed he was wanted in connection with an unrelated
alleged offence involving criminal damage.
The cyclist was seen arguing with officers as hordes of shoppers
watched. He shouted to the half-dozen officers trying to restrain him:
"You're breaking my arm, what are you holding me for? You are trying
to make a show of me. That's what police do."

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crim...-a3633906.html

"After apparently refusing to get into a police car, the cyclist was
escorted into a police van and taken to a station, two and a half hours
after the collision"
The gross stupidity of cyclists never ceases to amaze me.
Low life scum.

Come off it. You can easily see his point. What right did the police
have to arrest him?

He was wanted in connection with an unrelated alleged offence
involving criminal damage, apparently - it's all in the report.

The law doesn't apply to cyclists.

I think that is what's called being facetious.