Old January 19th 04, 09:14 PM
jacques

Default True Cost of a Supermarket Bike

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 16:24:35 +0100, Elisa Francesca Roselli wrote:

So that's a total of
143
15
90
25
200
----
473€

This would have covered a perfectly decent middle-range city or VTC bike
from Giant, which would have had standard, easily upgradeable parts and
would presumably still be running on its initial configuration. It would
also have spared me a lot of sneers at the LBS.

Moral of the story: now, when my colleagues ask me about a good place to
buy a bike, I steer them away from the supermarket.

EFR
Ile de France

Elisa,

Please forgive me for what I will say, which is useless, unkind and also
far too easy after the facts, but I can't help it:
After all the time you've spent posting and supposedly reading in this
newsgroup, why did you go to a supermarket to buy your bike ?

Please don't hate me

Jacques