Old December 16th 18, 03:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default AG: I hung my bike up for the winter

On Sat, 01 Dec 2018 22:36:57 -0500, Joy Beeson
wrote:

I've decided to
write December off,

Friday, 14 December 2018

Still written off. There have been days that it was quite nice out,
but I just couldn't face spending an hour wrapping myself in
improvised clothing for a half-hour ride. I mourn Grace Jones, and
wonder where Marthe' Hess (Flye Clothing) went.

And I *still* haven't darned my alpaca tights.

Today I spent the morning clearing the kitchen and the afternoon
baking six little spice cakes stuffed with fruit and nuts. (Plus a
tiny "quality control" cake.) Now the counter is cluttered with
mixing bowls, cake pans, etc.

Tomorrow I need to spend the morning making potato salad. I've got
two eggs laid out to boil. Must add "dry mustard" to the list of
things to put in -- it's needed to emulsify the vinegar and olive oil.
Must boil the eggs the very first thing, so I can crush the yolks into
the dressing.

Saturday, 15 December 2018

I've boiled the eggs, edited the recipe, and washed the Snapware box.
Now it's nap time.

I may get back to riding sooner than expected. Spouse is going to
need the Corolla every morning for the next twenty-two working days,
and we park the Taco out in the cold and snow.

#

The salad is delicious even though I forgot to put in the sweet
peppers -- I wish I'd made extra. Maybe the congregation won't like
it and I can bring it home again.

I'll get a mile of walking in tomorrow.

Knock wood.

--