Old December 16th 18, 05:26 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default AG: Storing bottles

When we hung my Trek Pure up for the winter, I took the water bottle
out of its cage. (I wonder how many of the Trek Pures sold were
fitted with cages and racks? I bought two racks for mine, because I
didn't like the first one.)

Yesterday, I finally got around to washing it to put it away for the
winter. When it was dry, I took it to the cupboard, looked at the
spare bottles, and took it back to the kitchen to put the open-valved
lid on upside-down, cover it with a folded paper towel, and secure the
towel with a rubber band.

No dust will get in, and it won't get sour from being sealed up.

Which reminded me that it was past time to change the water in the
bottles in the cages on the Fuji. I hope I remember, when I resume
riding, to change the water and put the bottles in the humidifier pot
before I start dressing. Then I can put one of the warmed bottles in
the insulated pannier to keep it from freezing while I drink the other
one.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net