Old November 30th 08, 05:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Peter Cole[_2_]

Default Trainers

Jorg Lueke wrote:
On Nov 29, 11:04 am, Peter Cole wrote:
I never understood the need for a trainer to be "realistic". I like mags
because they're cheap and reliable.

I think it's more fun when the resistance changes. Like when you do
the hill course on the excercise club bikes. Even with an mp3 player
standing still can get boring. How hard are the mags in the lowest
gear?

Mine (Blackburn) is hard enough. I use it in a medium resistance setting
with a medium gear. You can always change the resistance on the fly by
changing gears. I usually watch a movie or some other TV when on the
trainer, so I only look for exercise, not entertainment.