Old December 4th 08, 03:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Jorg Lueke

Default Trainers

On Nov 30, 11:47*am, Peter Cole wrote:
Jorg Lueke wrote:
On Nov 29, 11:04 am, Peter Cole wrote:
I never understood the need for a trainer to be "realistic". I like mags
because they're cheap and reliable.

I think it's more fun when the resistance changes. *Like when you do
the hill course on the excercise club bikes. * Even with an mp3 player
standing still can get boring. *How hard are the mags in the lowest
gear?

Mine (Blackburn) is hard enough. I use it in a medium resistance setting
with a medium gear. You can always change the resistance on the fly by
changing gears. I usually watch a movie or some other TV when on the
trainer, so I only look for exercise, not entertainment.

Getting bored is a problem. It's one of the big pluses for outdoor
cycling for me, it's one of the few activities I can stand to do for
more than 10 hours per week.