Old December 13th 08, 06:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Michael[_4_]

Default Minnesota Winters

Chalo wrote:
I spent several years in Seattle before returning to my hometown of
Austin. My impression of cycling in the two cities is thus: It's
generally easier and better to ride bike in Austin. The terrain is a
lot more forgiving and the weather is loads better.

(snip)

I agree, I didn't find Seattle agreeable place to ride. I'm not a young pup anymore.

The Mexican food situation in Seattle is dreary, but the Vietnamese
and Ethiopian food can't be beat. Don't waste the opportunity. These
are cuisines that few cities get exactly right.

A *big* plus for Austin: BBQ-anything (I'm partial to brisket) and exquisite fried catfish! And ice
tea (everyone drinks it; restaurants push it; it's the State Drink). Nothing felt stranger to this
NY State native than getting out of my rental car at a job site in Austin and smelling fresh mowed
grass ... in February.

(snip)

Chalo