Old February 5th 09, 11:59 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Frood

Default Traffic Light Detectors

wrote:

"look well ahead for obstructions in the road, such as drains,
pot-holes"

The Highway Code therefore endorses pot-holes in roads?

The highway code is about using the road, not road maintenance. I
thought that much was obvious.

"watch out for doors being opened

239 you MUST ensure you do not hit anyone when you open your door. Check
for cyclists or other traffic

or pedestrians stepping into your
path"

The Highway Code therefore endorses pedestrian stepping in to your
path?

7 D. If traffic is coming, let it pass.

Both of these are specifically stated to not be endorsed. Do you have
comprehension difficulties?

"When approaching a junction on the left, watch out for vehicles
turning in front of you"

The Highway Code therefore endorses vehicles turning in front of you
as you approach a junction?

170 Take extra care at junctions. You should watch out for cyclists,
motorcyclists...

This is specifically stated to not be endorsed. Do you have
comprehension difficulties?

Now show me where filtering (something you previously claimed was a made
up word) is prohibited by the HC. It isn't - because it is an acceptable
behaviour.

Thanks for playing. Better luck next time.