Old February 20th 11, 11:02 AM posted to aus.bicycle
F Murtz[_2_]

Default There are tyre levers, and tyre levers

F Murtz wrote:
Geoff Lock wrote:
On 20/02/2011 9:06 AM, Rob wrote:
Owen wrote:
http://members.pcug.org.au/~rcook/im...oken_lever.jpg

Some tyres can be removed by hand and I usually replace all tyres by
hand.

Funny you should say that cos I was just thinking the other day about he
tyres on heCannondale (you know the one I told yer about having 2
punctures on the same day?)

Well, the tyre appears to be quite tight on the rim and was a bit of a
bugger to remove and replace. This led me to think that maybe the rims
on the Cannondale might be a tad bigger than normal or the tyre might be
a smiggin too small for the rim.

I have not had time to measure things out just yet but it made me think
that perhaps there is a reason for slightly larger rims or slightly
smaller tyres. Is there?

I have one plastic lever (has clip molded on) clipped on the seat tube -
has never failed.

Well, if you only ever use your hands to remove and replace tyres, that
lever ain't NEVER gonna fail, eh? I'm not as look as I'm dumb
Although .....

You mean you are as not as green as you are cabbage lookin.

Ah Ah I just discovered sumpin, when I put colon half bracket it turns
into a smiley.