Old February 20th 11, 11:28 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Geoff Lock[_2_]

Default There are tyre levers, and tyre levers

On 20/02/2011 3:32 PM, Rob wrote:
On 20/02/2011 3:19 PM, Tomasso wrote:

"Geoff Lock" glock@home wrote in message
On 20/02/2011 9:06 AM, Rob wrote:
Owen wrote:

Well, the tyre appears to be quite tight on the rim and was a bit of a
bugger to remove and replace. This led me to think that maybe the rims
on the Cannondale might be a tad bigger than normal or the tyre might
be a smiggin too small for the rim.

I have a pair of Zipp wheels that seem to be a bit bigger than other
rims I have.
Moved tyres from some Velocity rims to the Zipps (and vice versa). Zipps
definitely more of a challenge. I don't think it's due to the internal
depth of the rim, but I'm definitely not taking the tyres off to check.

Trying to work out how I'd measure the diameter accurately...

I bought some smooth tyres that were definitely too small to replace my
cross country tyres had a bugger of a time tryiny to fit them then took
back and asked would they fit them - finally come home with another
brand - cos I would never be able to remove them on the road to make a
repair.

Going by what you said about x-country tyres, I am assuming you had a
mountain bike rim which would take 26" tyres, so did the smaller tyres,
which didn't fit, have 26" markings?

If so, it would suggest that some tyres are really what they seem, eh?

The current tyres on the Cannondale do say 700Cx23 but I am suspicious
of the actual measurements due to the tightness on the rim - after all
the piece of crap (POC) I normally ride seem to have tyres which slip on
quite easily onto the crappy rims the POC has (this is of cos academic
at the moment becos the POC is still hors de combat - you know, the rear
derailleur problem?).