Old February 21st 11, 04:53 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Rob

Default There are tyre levers, and tyre levers

On 21/02/2011 2:41 PM, Geoff Lock wrote:
On 21/02/2011 10:23 AM, Rob wrote:
On 20/02/2011 10:28 PM, Geoff Lock wrote:
On 20/02/2011 3:32 PM, Rob wrote:
On 20/02/2011 3:19 PM, Tomasso wrote:

"Geoff Lock" glock@home wrote in message
On 20/02/2011 9:06 AM, Rob wrote:
Owen wrote:

The current tyres on the Cannondale do say 700Cx23 but I am suspicious
of the actual measurements due to the tightness on the rim - after all
the piece of crap (POC) I normally ride seem to have tyres which slip on
quite easily onto the crappy rims the POC has (this is of cos academic
at the moment becos the POC is still hors de combat - you know, the rear
derailleur problem?).

You derailler problem - what brand do you have? as there maybe an old
used one,(could be bent not worn out) in the parts box that has come off
the trials bike. I think its a short road type with not a hugh amount of
selection range 6-7 cluster which may work with your selector.

Thanks for the offer matey but I don't think a derailleur from a trials
bike would fit the road bike.

I currently have a Shimano which is broken and bent. I'll probably drop
by Maroubra Cyclery later on this week to get a Suntour 7-speed
derailleur. I think they are $40 a pop so that's good value. Might
replace the front derailleur as well.

Thanks again for your kind offer

You obviously don't know what I'm talking about or what a derailleur
does on a trials bike. All it does is hold tension on the chain. The
type used the short on off a road bike and what maybe there is a Shimano
as I don't think any other brand has been used.

They have now developed a fixed type of chain tension device as using a
derailleur is not in the rules. That's why its now in the bin of bits.

Oh well !!!!!