Old February 21st 11, 05:09 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Geoff Lock[_2_]

Default There are tyre levers, and tyre levers

On 21/02/2011 3:53 PM, Rob wrote:
On 21/02/2011 2:41 PM, Geoff Lock wrote:
On 21/02/2011 10:23 AM, Rob wrote:
On 20/02/2011 10:28 PM, Geoff Lock wrote:
On 20/02/2011 3:32 PM, Rob wrote:
On 20/02/2011 3:19 PM, Tomasso wrote:

"Geoff Lock" glock@home wrote in message
On 20/02/2011 9:06 AM, Rob wrote:
Owen wrote:

Thanks again for your kind offer

You obviously don't know what I'm talking about or what a derailleur
does on a trials bike. All it does is hold tension on the chain. The
type used the short on off a road bike and what maybe there is a Shimano
as I don't think any other brand has been used.

Hm, sorry, rob, now that you mentioned it, I think I am confusing a
trials bike with a mountain bike - goes to show what an amatuer I am, eh?

Would you be meaning a time trial bike? If you are, I am pretty sure
your derailluer would probably be waaayyy too good for my crappy road
bike and I would feel guilty taking it from you unless you allow me to
pay you a token sum.

They have now developed a fixed type of chain tension device as using a
derailleur is not in the rules. That's why its now in the bin of bits.

I am rather green where trials bikes are concerned so maybe a bit of
reading on my part would not go astray. I'll ask me mate, Google