Old April 28th 04, 02:10 AM
Luke

Default Duct Tape reduces vibration!

In article , daveornee
wrote:

Did you put the duct tape over his mouth? ... maybe that would explain
the silence. I just couldn't resist. I see duct tape wrapped bicycles
often, but I assumed it was to cover their identity and make them loook
real ugly. Maybe those bicycle messengers just don't tell us about their
vibration reduction solution.

Well I don't know about vibration reduction. But the rationale behind
the wrapping of (main triangle) tubes by messengers is to provide
protection for the bike. Hastily tossing and (free)locking your bike
against a wall or post 50+ times a day mutilates the frame in short
order.

Never used duct tape though. Cork tape was the preference.

luke