Old May 7th 04, 05:58 AM
Tom Keats

Default funny things to do on a bike

In article ,
"Eric S. Sande" writes:
Forsooth, this is truth. The sins of the POBs are /not/ visited
upon the cyclists.

We're all dogs of the same stripe, and it ain't the gutter, Tom.

I cannot respect people who use their bicycles to sneak up
behind pedestrians and scare the livin' daylights outa them,
as 'cyclists'. They'll just have to make do with being
People On Bikes. As a matter of fact, most of the time I just
regard myself as just a 'rider' -- it feels less onerous.

As Jon used to say, and I paraphrase, "We're the lucky ones."

"We ought to be gracious to the misguided, generous to those in
trouble, and forgiving to those at fault."

I wholeheartedly believe most people feel that way. That's
why I'm sure the misdeeds of a few 'riders' don't turn
society against us all.

Unfortunately, I am not as nice as Jon.

Betcha ya are :-)

cheers,