Old May 7th 04, 09:04 AM
Zoot Katz

Default funny things to do on a bike

Thu, 6 May 2004 20:01:28 -0700, ,
(Tom Keats) wrote:

Cyclists are traditionally considered scum by the worthless dull
witted masses of unwashed heathen plebes. His antics didn't
significantly change anyone's opinion of cyclists as a group.

Forsooth, this is truth. The sins of the POBs are /not/ visited
upon the cyclists.

Bike-haters were just born that way.

The stereotypes and prejudices are built into the car-centric culture,
language and infrastructure. It's reinforced by restrictive
legislation and redneck radio. Few drivers envy us even when we're
scooping them. Instead they resent us and so blame us for their
impotence in gridlock. We threaten their paradigm.

We see all different types of drivers but only have memorable dealings
with the too frequent idiots (because we're looking out for 'em) and
the too rare Samaritan. The rest of them just flow by as traffic.

It's the same with us. We're invisible to most drivers.
--
zk