Old August 11th 04, 11:44 PM
Hunrobe

Default Bicyclists going wrong way and other crimes

Bill Baka

wrote in part:

I avoid it
now and use a much busier road that has all the Air Force
hot shots on it from Beale AFB. Those guys know how to
speed, and if they can lose a cop by the time they get on base
they win.

If this is true, then either the USAF must function differently from the Army
and the Navy or you're defining "winning" solely as avoiding paying a speeding
fine. I've seen personnel from both the Army (we used to have Fort Sheridan)
and the Navy (we still have the Glenview Naval Station, albeit much reduced)
receive discipline for such off-post behavior.

Regards,
Bob Hunt