Old February 13th 20, 09:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default OT. Anything BICYCLING related going on here? LOL

On 2/13/2020 12:22 AM, jbeattie wrote:
We skipped winter this year, unless it hits us later. A few icy mornings and the usual rain, but that's it. No snow in town. I'm in Bend (central Oregon) on business, and its blue skies and spring like. It's freaky.

NE Ohio has been almost always way warmer than normal, and almost no
snow, but very, very gloomy. We saw a bright light in the sky a few days
ago and had to google to remember what it was. Now we've got an inch or
two of wet snow that's melted a bit and re-frozen. They're sending a
one-day cold blast tomorrow, way below freezing.

(2) When you get clicking and creaking and think its the BB, always check the rear QR and axle dropout interface. That's my only bike wisdom for the week.

Seems we could do with an entire thread on tracking down bike noises.
I've experienced many mysteries. Working on cars, a mechanic's
stethoscope has been handy, but it's useless on a bike.

Lots of stories from my son at Specialized -- he keeps buying all this scratch and dent stuff for basically nothing. It's like giving a drug addict
a job in a methadone clinic.

Bike Nashbar headquarters used to be half a mile off my usual bike route
home from work. Their outlet store (prototypes, scratch & dent, returns,
etc.) was amazing. I got a lot of stuff there I would never have
otherwise afforded. For example, I'm still wearing a Gore-Tex jacket I
bought there for $10.

--
- Frank Krygowski