Old April 22nd 04, 04:19 AM
Mike Kruger

Default Help identifying a bike, please. ~1968 or so. -- Just another Ebay plug???

"Zoot Katz" wrote in message
Wed, 21 Apr 2004 17:48:45 -0600,
,
"Dave Eckstein" wrote:

I'll swing by again tomorrow and get some more pictures of details, but
there isn't really much stamped on it that I recall..

It is, according to its decals, a Di Campli Super Corsa.

Indeed it is, Zoot.
Apparently, we've been had by a guy plugging his Ebay item.
Isn't this it?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

http://tinyurl.com/2mhlr

Even the story matches:

"Nick DiCampli was the owner of a bike shop in Philadelphia that was one of
the top sellers of cinelli bicycles. Because of this Cinelli sent him this
bike as a 'thank you for your good work'. A year or two later, the bike was
given to a girlfriend when Nick got a new bike."

So my question to the original poster: Why play so dumb when you already
know what bike it is and have already put it up for auction? And, now that
I'm curious, why did you withdraw it from auction?