Old November 10th 04, 09:18 PM
Peter Cole

"Bill Baka" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 13:58:19 GMT, Peter Cole
wrote:

Bonking at 15 miles is all in your head. A healthy person should be

able
ride much longer than that without depleting glycogen reserves.

It may have been that I decided to go out and ride after skipping
breakfast so I was running on reserve to begin with. Breakfast
really is a meal you don't want to skip.

You still should have plenty of reserves. I never eat breakfast before
morning rides, it makes me sick. Three hours of hard riding is about bonk
threshold for me. If you do the math, that works out to about normal.

I have done a double century without eating (not intentionally). If you go
at a moderate and steady pace you can do it -- if you've acclimated your
body to burn fat (lots of long rides).