Old November 11th 04, 06:03 AM
Dane Jackson

Neil Cherry wrote:
On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 09:23:11 -0500, dgk wrote:

My toes did get a bit cold as the ride wore on. I wore heavy socks and
my usual sneakers.

Here are a few suggestions.

1) Find wool products, sock gloves, sweaters. It may be old fashion
but it hold the heat when wet and gets the sweat/wet off the skin
without lossing heat. Generally it's not windproof.

For the most part I confine my retro-grouchery to one or two things.
But the big one is wool. Wool Socks. I think wool socks are the bomb.
The are so infused with bomb-ness, I might call them the next best thing
to be discovered since Pam Grier. Because of course nothing contains
the bomb-nature more than Pam Grier.

--
Dane Jackson - z u v e m b i @ u n i x b i g o t s . o r g
Virgule gazed across the vast, cold, steel expanse past his inquisitor to witness