Old September 5th 11, 03:12 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
Edward Dolan

Default Insight into the phases of the Internet forum life cycle: a perspective

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
On Sep 5, 3:04 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]
Let us NOT begin!

I see that you once again callously deleted that which I wrote and to

which you are responding. This inappropriate and discourteous.
Readers are entitled to know what you are responding to.

Nope, I will steer any discussion that I am involved in my way. You try to
do the same of course, but I am not easily led. I have already told you that
your facts are not my facts.
[...]

They
used to call such types snake oil salesmen who could cure all conditions
if
you would only buy their nostrum. The nostrum can be either a product or
information.

Fortunately, for the most part, medical science has progressed beyond

that.

Yes, medical science, but that is not what is under discussion. What is
under discussion are cultural prejudices about what foods are good for you
and what foods are not good for you. There has been no progress at all about
that. It is why there are hundreds of diets out there, all disagreeing with
one another.

Can you tell me if I should be eating milk with fat in it or skim milk? Only
if you think you know something that is actually not known. Dr Oz says with
fat, Dr. Ornish says without fat. I say ****'em both!

A new character has come along (Dr. Oz) advising that we should all eat
meat
and dairy.

MISINFORMATION ALERT!!! Once again you haven't got your facts

straight. It never ceases to amaze me how you speak with such
authority about that which you know so little and often enough even
get things completely WRONG. Could you please extend everyone the
courtesy to get your facts straight and cease misinforming the
readership. Dr .Oz advses against consumption of any food products
source form anything with parents and faces. Dr Oz advocates a plant
based diet.

I am going by what I heard on the Joe Scarborough show on MSNBC. Dr. Oz
flabergasted motor-mouth Mika by advocating everything that was politically
incorrect as far as she was concerned. By the way, Mika is one of the
dumbest broads on TV.

On the other hand. Ornish is still in business advising against
all such foods. This is mainly in connection with heart disease, but even
less is known about cancer.

The fact is that a Mediterranean diet which is a heart healthy diet is

considered to be a good anti-cancer diet as well.

We do not know that for sure! That is what I am disagreeing about! Ornish is
a quack, but I will admit he is a persuasive quack. Steve Jobs was a
follower of his and he is now dying of pancreatic cancer which may have been
caused by the Ornish diet.

Final wisdom according to Ed Dolan the Great ... eat whatever you want but
only in moderation!

[...]

As a therapist, she has seen people in various stages of debilitation and
therefore knows more than you do about the difficulties that go with
impairment and diseased conditions. You are more like me - selfish to the
core and only concerned about yourself. Welcome to the club!

You are confusing the staion of a nurse who primarily administer to

with physical ailments and a therapist who does not. DO NOT flatter
yourself by thinking that we are at all alike. I am nothing like
you. I have never been and never will be as egocentric, self-serving,
self-indulgent and selfish as you are. That is a club to which I
never aspire to become a member.

You could be the president of such a club and I could be the chairman of the
board. Tom Sherman could be the CEO. We could call our club "The Three
Stooges".

One final hint for Dr. Jim McNamara: Write a diet book about what foods to
eat or not to eat regarding prostate cancer. You will make a fortune and can
give me 15% of what you make for cluing you in.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka