Old September 5th 11, 03:31 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
JimmyMac

Default Insight into the phases of the Internet forum life cycle: a perspective

On Sep 5, 8:32*am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

On Sep 5, 2:33 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]

Such studies are all over the map. There is no consistency among them. You
merely pick the ones that appeal to your prejudices.
AND you would know how pray tell since you by your own admission you

have gone on record to sate that you cant; be bothered doing the
research?

I do not waste whatever time and energy I have left in this world on what
foods to eat or not to eat since it is all rubbish anyway.

In your opinion you meant to say.

You have no idea what your doctors really think of your state of
knowledge.
An you base you errant opinion stated as fat on one may I ask? *But I

do. *As I previously stated, my urologist has said that he has
conversations with me that he has with none of his other patients.
Why? because I am more informed than his other patients. *That's why!
In my medical records, my urologist stated ..."very informed patient
who has done his homework". *My radiological oncologist state ... "you
can stop doing your research. You already know more than my
residents. *I'd say those are definite indications as to what my
doctors think of my state of knowledge.

Most patients will not bother to learn anything at all about their disease,
so of course you stand out in that respect. But even so, your doctors would
probably prefer that you leave the practice of medicine to them.

Wrong once more. When asked how they felt about having an informed
patient, they were not the least bit troubled. If I got the
impression that a doctor was the least bit insecure an threatened by a
patient being informed, he or show would no longer be my doctor. My
doctors indicated that they welcomed and preferred informed patients
because then they were able to are able to engage in a productive
discussion concerning state of health and treatment options involving
the patient in the process. All of this is so elementary and common
sense approach that it should not even come into question.

Also, most doctors think they know more than they do. The real experts
will
tell you that we do not know what causes most cancers.

[...]

All Catholic colleges
require that you waste inordinate amounts of time on courses like religion
and philosophy, which is why I never went to a Catholic college. Catholic
colleges are good at preparing students for law and medical schools, but
terrible at any of the liberal arts. Reason? Too much religion.
Opinion stated as fact. *Catholic colleges and universities are by an

large liberal arts oriented. *Loyola certainly is.

Well, they pretend to be liberal arts oriented, but they really are not. All
that ever comes out of Catholic colleges are a lot of students who go on to
law and medical schools, neither of which have anything to do with the
liberal arts. When religion informs everything that is studied, then the
liberals arts are dead and buried. Jesuit institutions are notorious for
their ability to indoctrinate.

More errant opinion unsupported by facts or evidence??? The term
liberal arts refers to a curriculum that imparts general knowledge and
develops the student’s rational thought and intellectual capabilities,
unlike the professional, vocational, and technical curricula
emphasizing specialization. Contemporary liberal arts comprise
studying literature, languages, philosophy, history, mathematics, and
science. They were all part of my curriculum. By the way, not all my
teachers were Jesuits. Loyola employs lay teachers as well, but I
digress. I feel that I got a very good education regardless of what
you have to say.

Interesting how you chose to use the term indoctrinate since that
appears to be one of your objectives in newgropus and you do a mighty
poor job of it I have to say.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka