Old September 16th 11, 12:00 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
Edward Dolan

Default Insight into the phases of the Internet forum life cycle: a perspective

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
On Sep 14, 3:12 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]
Very strange that you did not have some warning from those early PSA
tests.
I will bet the readings were boderline high.

The thing is that the current thought is the what is borderline has
change over time from 4 to 2.5, but one have cancer cells with a low
PSA or a have a high PSA and not have cancer cell in the prostate. As
concerns the numbers, I no longer remember what they were.

I remember after my first PSA test, which was high, I was later examined by
an old school doctor at the VA who relied strictly on the digital exam. He
assured me I did not have prostate cancer, but still I worried about that
high PSA. So I repeated it until there was no mistake. My PSA was rising
steadily and fast. A biopsy confirmed that I had prostate cancer.

The PSA test is not definitive. But a biopsy is.
[...]

Diversion duly noted. Yes life is complicated, but complications in

life should not stem pursuit of knowledge. Reflecting back on the
original topic of conversation, I presented you with facts regarding
the FDA, nutrition, etc. as currently known and you presumptuously
dismissed all that I presented as voodoo science as if you know more
that the various professionals whose findings I cited. You merely
dismissed the evidence rather than debate the issues. Granted,
additional study remains to be done to arrive at definitive answers,
but what is known should not be summarily dismissed when what is known
could prove of benefit. You argued with me when in fact I was just
the messenger. It was your prerogative to have seized the opportunity
to embarrass yourself and dismiss the experts, their findings and what
is currently known and you did that very well.

I am surrounded here in SW Minnesota by nincompoops who think they know more
than the doctors. What they cite in their favor is all anecdotal fairy
tales. You have gone beyond that, but still I do not trust any research
until it has been confirmed by universal acceptance and put into universal
practice.

I have just spent the past day at the ER for a stomach ailment. Teh put me
through every standard routine test to make sure I did not have something
that was going to kill me. In the end, "you probably got a bug that will
pass." Was that information worth over $1000? Until today, I though I might
have stomach cancer.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka