Old October 24th 16, 01:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
John B.[_6_]

Default AG: One Way

On Sun, 23 Oct 2016 14:23:22 -0000 (UTC), Andrew Chaplin
wrote:

John B. wrote in
:

On Sat, 22 Oct 2016 23:22:14 -0300, Joy Beeson
wrote:

I usually take the Beyer Farm Trail home from downtown --it's scenic
and puts in a little extra distance-- but last Saturday I wanted to
stop at Zale's, so I stayed on Fort Wayne Street.

I caught myself drifting too far to the right, then thought that
because Fort Wayne is a one-way street that's wide enough to divide
into three lanes, it would be safe to ride in the "please pass me"
position.

!! NOT AT INTERSECTIONS IT AIN'T !!

Luckily, the driver who wanted to turn right was smarter than I was,
and no reportable incident occurred.

Satchel Page once said, "Don't look back. Something might be gaining
on you", but I don't think he rode a bicycle. My philosophy has always
been, "look back to see what is gaining on you.... so you can avoid
it" :-)

They've got mirrors for that.

Yes they do. But why? After all one has to go out and buy a mirror.
Than one has to mount the mirror; bar end, helmet, clip on. Then the
mirror has to be correctly adjusted.

Or one can simply turn one's head a bit :-)

--
cheers,

John B.