Old January 13th 19, 12:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default More on that 90 year old

On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 4:34:49 PM UTC-8, Ralph Barone wrote:
Frank Krygowski wrote:
More on the story of the 90 year old whose track record was stripped.

https://www.flobikes.com/articles/63...arl-grove-case

I believe the guy.

From cycling to cancer testing to terrorist no fly lists, false positives
are a truly gnarly problem.

He had a drug test the day BEFORE the race that was completely negative. After setting the record he tested positive NOT for the drug epitrenbolone but for metabolites of the drug.

What did USADA say? "He was in the wrong for not reporting to us that he had eaten meat."

Surprise - this is a veterinary drug that is used in China. I'm pretty sure the only manufacturer of it is in China. It hasn't been tested in humans and why the hell it would be banned is only because it is an anabolic steroid. I think that one of the effects is that it increases catabolism and so it is used on cattle to increase their weight.