Old January 13th 19, 01:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

Default More on that 90 year old

On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 6:51:13 PM UTC-8, Ralph Barone wrote:
jbeattie wrote:
On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 4:34:49 PM UTC-8, Ralph Barone wrote:
Frank Krygowski wrote:
More on the story of the 90 year old whose track record was stripped.

https://www.flobikes.com/articles/63...arl-grove-case

I believe the guy.

From cycling to cancer testing to terrorist no fly lists, false positives
are a truly gnarly problem.

Hey its hospice racing anyway. Let him take whatever he wants. If the
other guy in the race has a problem, the two can work it out -- maybe
share the dope. Enjoy!

-- Jay Beattie.

I'm gonna avoid making any humorous comments about the guy because he might
just be faster than me.

I felt 90 today. It was a gorgeous sunny but cold day, clear skies and windy. I did a meager 35 miles and 3500 feet of climbing -- all at maximum output chasing my best bicycling buddy who is having a great late CX early road season. I wish I had performance enhancing drugs -- and lost the 5 lbs I picked up over the holidays. My buddy is ten years younger and my almost next-door neighbor -- a great neighborhood bonus. The gap between us has always been about the same except in those years when one of us was recovering from something, but our average speed has probably dropped by 20% over the last 15 years. It doesn't matter, though, if the gaps stay the same. I spend more time on the bike but don't feel any more defeated.

-- Jay Beattie.